IELTS Speaking Part 1: Chủ đề Music or Movie
Nâng cao vốn từng vựng và có sự chuẩn bị trước cho những câu hỏi cho phần thi IELTS speaking sẽ giúp các sĩ tử trong kỳ thi IELTS sẽ tự tin và đạt điểm cao hơn.
Trong bài viết này mình sẽ chia sẻ đến các bạn một trong những topic quan trọng và thông dụng mà các giám khảo hay hỏi sĩ tử trong phần thi Speaking part 1 đó Music, Movie – Films.
Dưới đây là một số câu hỏi được mình sưu tầm được, hi vọng bạn sẽ giúp ích được cho các bạn.
1. Do you like films?
Yes, I enjoy watching films. When I want to relax, or have some fun, I like to watch movie.
2. What kind of films do you like best?
My favorite kinds of films are action films, with exciting stories and lots of special effects.
Most romantic comedies, but I like some of the ones that keep you thinking all the way through too, like A Beautiful Mind, The Fifth Element and the Sixth Sense
3. How often do you watch films?
If there is an interesting movie playing at the cinema, I’ll go to see it. It’s nice to go out to see a movie with my friends sometimes, and get to see it on a big screen.
4. Do you like to watch films alone or with your friends?
I’d rather watch films with my friends. We always have a good time together, and afterwards we talk about the mover, whether we enjoyed it or not.
5. Do you prefer to watch films in the cinema or at home?
* I prefer to watch films at home, because the I can choose any movie I want to watch and I can pause it if I need to go get something.
* I prefer to watch movies at the cinema, because then I get to see the movie on a big screen, with a better sound system. I think it makes the movie more impressive, you know.
6. How often do you go to the cinema?
Unfortunately we don’t have a cinema near us so we have to go into the nearest town to catch the latest movie … I usually avoid seeing popular box-office hits which I’m not always keen on seeing … I prefer low-budget films … sci-fi especially … and there’s a great cinema I go to that has frequent showings of films like these …
7. Do you like to listen to music?
Yes, I do. I’ll often listen to music on my MP4 when I’m traveling from place to place, or when I’m at home, relaxing
8. What kinds of music do you like?
I love all kinds of music. I think it’s important to be open enough to enjoy all types. I like R&B, hip hop, jazz, rock, oldies, classical and alternative
I like rock because of the guitars. I like loud music. I like the energy it has and gives off. A lot of rock I listen to is about experiences and relationships gone bad. I like the heavy guitar behind the lyrics it really adds more meaning to the songs.
9. Have you ever learned to play a musical instrument?
Yes, when I was in school, I learned to play the violin, but I don’t play anymore, and I think I forgotten how.
10. Is music an important subject at school in Vietnam?
Unfortunately music is not such a popular subject at school in Vietnam. Math and Science are much more important in Vietnam.
11. What benefits do children gain by studying music or learning to play a musical instrument?
By learning how to play a musical instrument, children can learn many things. They can learn self-discipline, determination and how to appreciate music better
There are benefits indeed. Playing an instrument makes your smarter, it teacher you discipline, it helps to relieve stress, it can give you a sense of achievement and most of all, it’s fun. And it’s proven that people playing an instrument since children become smarter, more articulate and have a higher chance of having a successful life.
12. Which musical instrument do you like listening to most? (Why?)
My favourite musical instrument to listen to is the guitar. I like the fact that there are different types of guitar, like classical, acoustic and electric. I love the variety of sounds a guitar can make.
13. Have you ever learned to play a musical instrument?
I took some guitar lessons when I was younger and still have a guitar at home. I don’t play it much nowadays. I wish I had more time to practise.
14. Do you think children should learn to play an instrument at school?
Yes, I think it’s a great skill and it’s really enjoyable to be able to play a musical instrument. All children should be given this opportunity.
15. How easy would it be to learn to play an instrument without a teacher?
It would probably be more difficult without a teacher. You need someone to show you what to do and correct your mistakes. You need a lot of discipline to teach yourself.
- an action movie: a film with fast moving scenes, often containing violence
- to be engrossed in: to be completely focused on one thing
- to be based on: to use as a modal
- a box office hit: a financially successful film
- a blockbuster: a film that is a big commercial success
- to catch the latest movie: to see a film that has just come out
- the central character: the main person in a film or book
- on the big screen: at the cinema
- plot: the main events in a film or book
- sci-fi: science fiction
- to see a film: to see a film at the cinema (see ‘watch a film’ below)
- the setting: where the action takes place
- showings: performances of a film
- soundtrack: the music that accompanies a film
- special effects: the visuals or sounds that are added to a film which are difficult to produce naturally
- to take out (a book from the library): to borrow a book from the library
- to tell the story of: to outline the details of someone’s life or an event
- to watch a film: to watch a film on TV (see ‘to see a film’ above)
- adoring fans: people who love a particular band or singer
- background music: music that is played while something else is happening
- a catchy tune: a song that is easy to remember and makes you want to sing it
- classical music: music that is regarded as part of a long, formal tradition
- to download tracks: to obtain music from the Internet
- to have a great voice: to sing well
- to go on tour: to go on a planned series of performances around a region or country
- a huge following: a large number of fans
- live music: music that is listened to while it is performed (not recorded)
- live performance: (see live music)
- a massive hit: a record that sells lots of copies
- a music festival: music performances at a venue often over several days
- musical talent: skilled at music
- to be/sing out of tune: to not be in harmony/to sing the wrong notes
- a piece of music: an item of music
- to play by ear: to play without reading the musical notes
- a pop group: a small group of people who play or sing pop music together
- to read music: to understand and follow written musical notes
- a rock band: a group of musicians that play rock music
- to sing along to: to join in singing
- a sing-song: to sing informally, often with other people
- a slow number: a song with a slow tempo
- to take up a musical instrument: to begin learning a musical instrument
- taste in music: the music someone likes
- to be tone deaf: to be unable to distinguish the different notes in music
Luyện tập nói Speaking mỗi ngày, nói về những bộ phim và nhạc mà bạn nghe, sử dụng những từ mới vừa học sẽ giúp bạn nhớ lâu và nói trôi chảy.